Saturday, December 30, 2006

Clean Slate

New Years is my day for a new start. Motivation to work is one of my ongoing conflicts. Captain Ahab struggled with Moby Dick. Hai Karate cologne commercials featured a brisk slap that woke the guy up to pay attention. A call to action.

Bad habits develop over the months. Computer card games. Comfort eating. Routinely getting seconds. Eating too quickly. Not listening and interrupting go hand-in-hand. Exercising regularly requires a whole new mind set. Must be done compulsively or it won’t happen.

My latest challenge is interpersonal. I gossip too much and a hateful streak appears all too often. I have to get the last word in. Dave once accused me of being too competitive but I think he meant I didn’t like to lose an argument. Hmm.. I better work on something easier…like my cookie refusal skills. So, here’s to you and an accomplished 2007.–James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter